NEW YORK Y STATE CHAMPIONSHIP SWIM MEET 2015
CLICK HERE to return to the home page
The primary task of the State Committee is to ensure the State Championship Meet is properly planned and successfully executed .
General information is provided through the links below.
The 2015 State Meet will be held March 20-22, 2015 on Long Island at the Nassau County Aquatic Center in Eisenhower Park. Here is a LINK to a webpage for the Aquatic Center that provides directions and additional infromation.
QUALIFYING TIMES: Official qualification times for the 2015 NYS Y Swim Championship Meet. The times are provided in a downloadable PDF format. Please consider using this document on your team website or in meet programs so everyone is on the same page.
LIST OF MOTELS for the 2015 NYS Y Swim Championship Meet. Rooms are going fast!
RESULTS of the 2014 NYS Y Championship Meet.
PSYCH SHEET for the 2015 state meet will be available here one week before the meet.
Team Registration Opens: September 1,
2014 @ the National Y Competitive
Swimming and Diving website.
Coach Registration opens September 1, 2014 @ the National Y Competitive Swimming and Diving website.
Meet Information Packets will be sent out early December
Team Registration closing date Jan. 15, 2015
Entry Closing Date - T.B.A
THE BASIC GENERAL RULES;
To enter the NYS Y Championship Meet a swimmer must be entered by his / her Y and thus no official entry blank will be published here. See your coach or Athletic Director to enter. A complete list of rules will accompany the entry blank but the important basic rules are these:
1. A swimmer must be a member of his / her Y for 90 days prior to the meet.
2. A swimmer must have met the Qualifying Times noted above during the present season
3. The swimmer must have represented only his / her Y in open competition after October 31, 2014. Example 1. Jane Smith can not represent Dolphin Aquatics a USA Swimming swim team in USA swimming meets and the local Y in the state meet. Some Y's swim in USA Swimming competition as a team representing the local Y. That is OK, provided they have a USA Swimming charter and represent their Y. Example 2 Tim Brown represents his local High School in High School competition and also his Y in the state meet. This is legitimate because High School swimming is closed to the High Schools.
4. A swimmer must have competed in at least 3 inter association meets between Sept.1,2014 and the closing date for entries.
5. If a swimmer's Y does not have a team they may compete in the State Meet if they meet the requirements above, except possibly number 4. Contact the State Commissioner or Meet Director for further information.